Your Community Partner
Call Us Today
08 9419 2553
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Bridging the Gap has streamlined its service delivery to accommodate the needs of our clients during these unprecedented times. We are currently delivering our services remotely via a combination of online training/webinars/teleconferencing and telephone appointments.
Career Readiness for Young Parents is an exciting new program which has been specifically designed to help young parents living in Mandurah and Armadale to become job ready. Young parents, aged 25 and under, who have been on parenting payments since they were 19 years or younger, face numerous barriers to employment, some of which include low education levels, little to no work experience, lack of career direction and mentorship to name just a few. Joblessness can also have a negative effect on a person’s physical and mental health, including self esteem, motivation and confidence.
Career Readiness for Young Parents is aimed at helping young parents to address any barriers that are preventing them from gaining employment or accessing further education and training; as well as equipping them with keys skills for future work. Achieving this gives young parents a head start to securing long-term employment and financial independence.
Young parents will be paired with a Young Parents Support Facilitator who will mentor and support them to overcome their vocational and non vocational barriers so that they can become job ready. The Facilitator will provide young parents with guidance and assistance in three key areas:
THROUGH ONE TO ONE AND GROUP ACTIVITIES WE WILL HELP YOUNG PARENTS WITH:
- Self-development – such as how to improve your self esteem, confidence, motivation and coping skills.
- Health and wellbeing – healthy lifestyle, overcoming addictions, independent living, overcoming mental health issues such as depression, anxiety and stress.
- Career development – including further education and training, computer skills, becoming work ready, finding a career path, effective job search strategies and assistance with finding work experience or a job when you are ready.
- We will provide weekly group activities during school hours, where you will learn from each other and the Facilitator in a friendly and safe environment.
- Child care will be provided at no cost to you for the weekly group activities.
- Our Facilitator will provide weekly one to one mentorship/support meetings to help you with your individual needs.
- We will help you design a plan so that you have roadmap for achieving your goals relating to self development, health and wellbeing and your career.
- When you are ready, we will help you find work experience, a job or a course that will help you achieve your career goals.
For more information contact one of our
Young Parents Support Facilitators.
0437 967 404
0447 569 558