Your Community Partner
Call Us Today
08 9419 2553
Making Life Better For Families in Kwinana
A COMMUNITIES FOR CHILDREN INITIATIVE
Empower Families is an Outreach & Engagement Management initiative of Bridging the Gap in Kwinana. We work with families in Kwinana who have children between 0-12 years of age to help you connect with the unique resources, relationships and services in the Kwinana community for the purpose of improved health and wellbeing.
We can connect you to:
- Individual, couples, children’s’ or family counselling
- Parenting courses
- Support Groups/ Social Networks
- Sporting Clubs
- Financial Assistance/ Emergency Relief
- Legal Assistance
- Family Support
- Community Events and more.
Empower families is one of 7 Communities for Children (CfC) Community Partners in Kwinana KEYS, NGALA, RELATIONSHIPS AUSTRALIA, NOONGAR WELLBEING & SPORTS, BRIDGING THE GAP, UNITING CARE WEST . CfC is funded by the Department of Social Services and facilitated by THE SMITH FAMILY . For more information about Communities for Children in Kwinana, see the Communities for Children Portal here
The CfC objectives are:
- Healthy young families- supporting parents to care for their children before and after birth and throughout the early years.
- Supporting families and parents- support for parents to provide children with secure attachment, consistent discipline and quality environments that are stable, positive, stimulating, safe and secure.
- Early learning- provide access to high quality early learning opportunities in the years before school; provide early identification and support for children at risk of developmental and behavioural problems; assist parents with ways they can stimulate and promote child development and learning from birth.
- School transition and engagement- support children and families to make a smooth transition to school and work with local schools to assist children and families with their ongoing engagement with school
To create strong child-friendly communities that understand the importance of children and apply this capacity to maximize the health, well-being and early development of young children at the local level.
Consultation and supporting data have identified the need in Kwinana for:
- An outreach strategy to engage with families who are ‘hard to reach’, to ‘come alongside’ and empower them to support each other to access services.
- For service providers to strengthen their collaboration, especially with organisations who currently support children and families who are ‘hard to reach’, and
- For service providers to develop, and enhance the appropriateness and accessibility of their service delivery.
Contact Kim or Trys on 9419 2553 or 0488 445 419 for more information or if you would like to make an appointment!